Senior Sales & Partnership Manager (DACH)
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. It’s driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations. And we're good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-first team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
It’s not just our users who love komoot. We’ve also got a well-established natively-integrated ad format – Sponsored Collections – leveraged by hundreds of happy B2B partners. The format is mainly used by German-speaking tourism partners but is being rapidly adopted by other European stakeholders. We are looking for a Partnerships & Sales Manager (DACH) to join forces with Max, Oliver, Diane, Fiorenza, and Denis.
This is your call if you’re excited to shape and build opportunities! Komoot’s Partnerships & Sales Managers are always on the hunt to identify potential partners and are embedded in an agile team of communication, content, and partnerships experts. In this role, you will create successful partnerships on komoot and showcase their potential to grow.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you’ll do
Market Growth / Development / Account Management / Sales
- Research and build a network of tourism players focusing on destination marketing organizations.
- Look after our partners from the tourism sector in DACH, both in digitally supported day-to-day business and on-site.
- Sell targeted Sponsored Collections – komoot’s native ads – to tourism destinations, transport companies, and other players in the outdoor industry.
- Help your partners be successful on komoot by onboarding them to our in-house Komoot Academy.
- Manage a portfolio of hundreds of B2B partners and support them with campaign planning and execution, community engagement, and visitor guidance.
- Drive lead generation and acquisition with complete control over your sales activities to ensure our joint sales and revenue goals are reached.
- Use traditional and digital channels or find new, creative ways to feed the partnerships & sales funnel.
- Drive performance-optimization efforts and ensure our B2B partners get the best possible value.
- Monitor the competitor market while keeping an eye on relevant online marketing KPIs.
- Work closely with the brand/editorial squads to deliver tailor-made content to your partners.
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll become an essential part of our international, remote team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
- We take a lot of time and care when choosing our team – it’s the best thing we have. We work and achieve results together – driven by common goals and a supportive environment.
- You’ll have a self-determined job and the freedom to implement ideas, move things forward, shape the processes, and challenge the status quo. We have little organizational overhead and focus on ownership and responsibility.
- You’ll team up with a dynamic Partnerships & Sales Managers crew to seek out unique ways to reach our team goals.
- This is a remote role, we are a remote-first team, and you are free to work from anywhere in the UTC-1 and UTC+3 time zones.
- We have flexible working hours with core time for communication between 10 am – 3 pm (UTC+2). You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- 38 paid days off (public holidays included)
- Personal growth budget and time – 3 days off work + EUR 2000 to dedicate to your personal growth: classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Three whole-company on-site gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to learn more about how we stay close while remote. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sbHrhRcoU...
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
You’ll be successful in this position if you
- You have 5+ years of sales experience.
- You have the flexibility and skills to handle everything from small to very complex deals and account management and optimize our partners' success on komoot.
- Cold calling is a breeze, and sales are in your DNA.
- You speak German and English on a native/business fluent level.
- Words like CTR, CPC, bounce, or interaction rates mean something to you. You have solid experience setting up and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
- You like working in a team – lone wolves won’t enjoy this environment.
- Ideally, you are well-connected in the Swiss tourism sector and have a strong network of contacts (e.g., from your current role, agency, etc.).
- A driving license is required as you’ll attend some sales tours.
- Bonus points: relevant network in Switzerland, expertise in sales automation, experience in dynamic pricing strategies.
Curious to find out more?
- More about our team and our values here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs
- More about how we work here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process#how-we-work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don't sweat it – if you think you're the right person anyway, we'd love to hear from you.
We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online, it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the right candidate. Is it you?
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot