Managing Editor - Sponsored Collections (FR & IT)
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with an easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot’s mission is to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews—komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-first team and change the way people explore the outdoors with us.
About the role
“We provide the resource, experience and passion to produce and maintain the best editorial outdoor content” – this is the mission of komoot’s Editorial Team and we are now looking for an additional managing editor to be in charge of the creation and delivery of partner content in Europe, especially in France and Italy.
We would love to hear from you if you are an outdoor adventure lover, an experienced editor with never-ending positive attitude and if you think you’ve got what it takes to propel our Sponsored Collection content in Europe to the next level.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Manage the creation and publishing of our Sponsored Collections, from initial brief with our business partners to the final launch online
- Your focus areas will be France and Italy but you will also look after partner content in other non-German-speaking countries or regions such as Benelux, Spain or the UK
- Plan the editorial calendar and coordinate this with 35+ multi-lingual freelance editors to ensure all content is of high quality and delivered on time. You will need to have an overview of multiple projects at all times and be ready to prioritize workload
- Communicate directly with our external partners, sales and PR team, marketing/partnership managers, as well as other stakeholders throughout the whole process, keeping them informed and taking their feedback onboard while ensuring the content is aligned with our product, branding and communications strategy
- Coordinate the smooth production of content which our business partners create independently and help with partner webinars
- Oversee the proofreading and localization processes
- Be able to jump on ad-hoc projects and produce content yourself if necessary
- Support with Editorial Team tasks such process optimisation as well as the hiring and onboarding of new freelance editors
- Follow today’s digital media and outdoor landscape, key trends, and challenges - suggest improvements and own your work
Why you will love it
- You’ll become an essential part of our international remote team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe
- You will work with a diverse range of tourism regions, associations and outdoor brands
- You will manage a great team of editors: like-minded, multilingual and multinational outdoor enthusiasts
- You will actively contribute to creating beautiful Collection content, with the potential to inspire millions of people to get outside, be active and enjoy life
- You will work closely in a team of currently five managing editors—Tobi, Renée, Chloé, Sebastian and Magdalena—to exchange ideas, develop best practices and move the Editorial Team’s goals forward while also owning and forging your own projects
- You will work in a fast-paced team using the latest tools and technologies
- Together with all of your colleagues, you’ll travel to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and to go hiking, cycling or running
- You’ll have a self-determined job and the freedom to implement ideas, move things forward, shape the processes and challenge the status quo. We have little organizational overhead and focus on ownership and responsibility
- This is a remote role, we are a remote-first team and you are free to work from anywhere that lies in the UTC-1 and UTC+3 time zones
- We have flexible working hours with core time for communication between 10 am – 3 pm (UTC+2). You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs
- 38 dpaid days off (public holidays included)
- Personal Growth budget and time – 3 days off work + EUR 2000 to dedicate to your personal growth: classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Three whole-company on-site Gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6sbHrhRcoU...
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work
You will be successful in this position if you
- Speak French and Italian on a native or near native level with impeccable writing and conversational skills
- You have a proficient level of English, additional languages such as Dutch or Spanish would be an advantage
- Are an accomplished editor (3+ years experience) with proven track record of producing digital content, skilled in writing for a specific audience and have a passion for storytelling and publishing
- Already have some experience in managing a team of editors
- Enjoy planning, coordinating and ensuring the flawless execution of tasks for your remote team
- Feel at home in the digital world, are structured, extremely organized, efficient and reliable with great attention to detail
- Are attentive, patient, a true people person with great communication skills, used to dealing with all kinds and seniority levels of internal and external stakeholders and you know how to accommodate their needs
- Are not fazed by last minute changes or requests and know how to prioritize your workload
- Share komoot’s mission to make outdoor adventures accessible to all and have true interest in and knowledge of the outdoors, especially hiking, trail running and different types of cycling
- Have some knowledge of the outdoor landscape in France and Italy
Curious to find out more?
- More about our team and our values here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs
- More about how we work here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process#how-we-work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
Change the Way People Explore
Everybody at komoot is working towards this vision and we design our company to put as little as possible between you and bringing this vision to life.
Create With Purpose
Today, millions of people explore nature with our apps. Their experiences are what drives us and makes us smile everyday.
Work Wherever You Thrive
Our headquarter is located in Potsdam at a lake, but our team works all over Europe. Bavarian mountains? Canary Islands? A little house at a lake? Booming Berlin?
Work With People You Actually Want To Work WithWorking At Komoot