Über Renner Anderson
Martha and I like hiking, biking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing. We also combine our hikes with bird watching, fly fishing, and disc golf. Following my retirement in June 2021, we had hoped to travel more widely, but COVID has restricted our adventures to closer to home here in Minnesota, USA. I must explain the number of Pioneer Badges I have accumulated with relatively few highlights. When you live on a “komoot frontier,” as I do in the central USA, most of the locations where I create highlights have very few, if any, other "komooters," so I end up being the pioneer by default. Starting in December 2020, as a COVID accommodation, Martha and I started adding our local adventures into "virtual" tours worldwide. You can see these virtual tours on my collection page.So far, we have completed these Virtual Hiking Tours
1. Hadrian's Wall Path in northern England, where we hiked in real life in 2011
2. The Cumbria Way with a side trip to Buttermere, where we hiked in real life in 2011 (Our komoot photo shows us standing on the shore of Buttermere)
3. The Milford Track near where we hiked in real life in 2009
4. The Coleridge Way, which we hiked in real life in 2011
5. The Cotswold Way in central England, where we hiked in real life in 1978
6. The Queen Charlotte Track which we hiked in real life in 2009
7. The Lake District Wainwrights: Book 1 — Eastern Fells where we hiked in real life in 2011
8. The Dingle Way, where we hiked in real life in 1999.
9. Starting The Kerry Way, which we hiked in real life in 1999. We have completed the following Virtual Biking Tours
1. The Mississippi River Trail in the central USA.
2. The Elbe Cycle Way, we biked in real life in 2004
3. Moselle Cycle Path, Martha biked in real life in 2009.
4. The Hebridean Way, we hiked the Isle of Mull in 2011)
5. Land's End to John O'Groats bicycle tour (visits to British Isles 1978, 2001, 2002, & 2011)
6. Rhine Cycle Way (visited Cologne 1969)
7. Danube Cycle Way, Martha bicycled with VBT
11 524 mi